• Summit Bookkeeping

September 2022 | Important Dates & What's New

Happy September! Check out the list below to see important dates that you may want to jot down:


Important Dates


September 15, 2022

  • Quarterly Estimated Tax Payment for Q3 — IRS

  • Extension Deadline for Partnership (1065) and S Corp (1120-S) Tax Returns — IRS

September 26, 2022

  • Monthly DOR Filers: Excise Tax Return — DOR

September 30, 2022

  • Monthly City of Bellingham Filers: B&O Tax Return — City of Bellingham

Please note that all businesses are different and you may have other deadlines that apply to you. If you have questions related to your business or industry, you should contact your accountant or bookkeeper.


What's New


Working Washington Grants: Round 5

Deadline to apply is September 9, 2022

The fifth round of Working Washington Grants will be available beginning on August 17. These grants aim to help small businesses affected by the pandemic. 60% of the funds will be going to businesses in the arts, heritage, and science sectors with the remaining 40% going to most other sectors including hospitality, fitness, and personal services. Learn more.


Unemployment Insurance (UI): Act before Sept. 30 to protect your tax rate

Avoid a delinquent tax rate for 2023 by filing all tax reports and paying all current and past-due unemployment taxes, penalties, and interest in full by Sept. 30. Employers with delinquencies are charged:

  • At least a one percentage point increase in their regular tax rate the first year they’re delinquent.

  • A two percentage point increase if they’re late a second consecutive year.

  • The maximum shared-cost (social) tax rate.

Consider a deferred payment contract if you can’t pay

You can still protect your tax rate by getting a deferred payment contract if you can't pay the balance owed. Start by emailing Employment Security Department’s Collections unit at ESCtax@esd.wa.gov.


Want to receive these important dates and updates in your inbox every month?