• Summit Bookkeeping

August 2022 | Important Dates & Reminders

Updated: Aug 16

Happy August! Check out the list below to see important dates and reminders that you may want to jot down:


Important Dates


August 1, 2022

These reports and returns are generally due on July 31, but since that date was a Sunday, the deadline is moved to the next business day.

  • Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return (Form 941) for Q2 — IRS

  • State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) Report and Payment for Q2— ESD

  • L&I Report and Payment for Q2 — L&I

  • Quarterly DOR Filers: Excise Tax Return for Q2 — DOR

  • Quarterly City of Bellingham Filers: B&O Tax Return — City of Bellingham

  • Monthly City of Bellingham Filers: B&O Tax Return — City of Bellingham


Small Business Updates and Resources


Working Washington Grants: Round 5

Available August 17 - September 9, 2022

The fifth round of Working Washington Grants will be available beginning on August 17. These grants aim to help small businesses affected by the pandemic. 60% of the funds will be going to business in the arts, heritage, and science sectors with the remaining 40% going to most other sectors including hospitality, fitness, and personal services. Learn more.


Tourism Promotion Grants

The deadline to apply is August 19, 2022, at noon.

Got a current event or a new idea that would draw tourists to Bellingham? The Tourism Promotion Grants are reimbursement-based grants that can be used toward marketing and operating expenses for these events. Learn more.


Deferment Period for Early COVID EIDL Borrowers is Ending Soon

If you received a COVID Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) in Spring 2020, the 30-month deferment period is ending soon. To learn more about making a payment, visit the SBA website here.



Want to receive these important dates and updates as a monthly newsletter?